Our mission is to educate all students in a safe environment and to graduate them ready for college and career success.
- SBLC News:
- 9/2/2014 .....
Hello, and welcome to the web site of the School Board of Levy County. We are located in the beautiful, Big Bend area of North Central Florida. It is the ninth largest county, geographically, in Florida (comparable in size to the state of Rhode Island), with a sparse population of 33,408 residents. Levy County remains rural with vast, open-wooded areas, springs, and rivers, and more than 50 miles of coastline on the Gulf of Mexico.
As the Superintendent of Schools, I am committed to providing progressive leadership and effectively communicating what I see as the vision for educational services to our children, our most precious resource. To convey this vision, the philosophy of our district must be one that exhibits the following:
- Extraordinary Customer Relations - recognizing we are public servants and communicating as such with our customers - students, parents, and employees
- A School District With Accountability - stressing academic excellence and sound fiscal management
- Trust - the most fragile, yet an essential attribute to the success of the educational initiatives for the School Board of Levy County
We hope you find our web site to be useful to you as a community and for prospective residents of Levy County, and we welcome your comments and suggestions!
Robert O. Hastings
Williston Middle - High School Groundbreaking Ceremony
|Click on the icon to access the Transparency Florida website|
Florida Education News
- Florida education news: Chess, prayer, charter schools and more - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Florida education news: Seclusion, testing, pre-k and more - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Scott touts strides in education, economy, environment - Florida Today
- Florida education groups sue voucher program - Daytona Beach News-Journal
- Reviewing the record of Charlie Crist, Gov. Rick Scott on education - MiamiHerald.com
- Florida governor unveils new education initiatives - Reuters
- Board's decision to opt out of testing shakes education world - Orlando Sentinel
- School Vouchers: Legal, Depending on Where You Live - U.S. News & World Report
- Florida education news: Elections, prayers, unions and more - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Florida education news: Remedial courses, opting out, graduation honors and ... - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Florida School Choice Program Faces a Second Lawsuit - Education Week News (blog)
- Gov. Rick Scott announces proposal to boost Florida education spending - Tampabay.com (blog)