Our mission is to educate all students in a safe environment and to graduate them ready for college and career success.
- SBLC News:
- 3/8/2014 . For more info on the 2013-14 ESE Parent Survey, Click HERE
Hello, and welcome to the web site of the School Board of Levy County. We are located in the beautiful, Big Bend area of North Central Florida. It is the ninth largest county, geographically, in Florida (comparable in size to the state of Rhode Island), with a sparse population of 33,408 residents. Levy County remains rural with vast, open-wooded areas, springs, and rivers, and more than 50 miles of coastline on the Gulf of Mexico.
As the Superintendent of Schools, I am committed to providing progressive leadership and effectively communicating what I see as the vision for educational services to our children, our most precious resource. To convey this vision, the philosophy of our district must be one that exhibits the following:
- Extraordinary Customer Relations - recognizing we are public servants and communicating as such with our customers - students, parents, and employees
- A School District With Accountability - stressing academic excellence and sound fiscal management
- Trust - the most fragile, yet an essential attribute to the success of the educational initiatives for the School Board of Levy County
We hope you find our web site to be useful to you as a community and for prospective residents of Levy County, and we welcome your comments and suggestions!
Robert O. Hastings
|Click on the icon to access the Transparency Florida website|
Florida Education News
- A bizarre letter from Florida's Education Department - Washington Post (blog)
- Equipping Florida Parents to Expose Jeb Bush's Florida Education 'Miracle' - Huffington Post
- President Barack Obama and first lady in South Florida - Sun-Sentinel
- Legislature 2014: Bill to expand Florida school voucher program advances - Florida Times-Union
- What The Florida Education Association Is Looking For During The Legislative ... - WLRN
- Florida education news: Diplomas, bus rides, guns and more - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Plan would simplify Florida's school grading formula - MiamiHerald.com
- Big money, powerful lobbying groups push school voucher proposal - MiamiHerald.com
- Confused by Florida's teacher scoring? So are top teachers - Tampabay.com
- Florida education votes to approve Common Core standards - Naples Daily News
- Outspoken education historian leaving USF - Tampabay.com
- Florida education standards: Uncertainty in post-FCAT world - The News-Press